Thursday, March 17, 2005

Tweedledum and Tweedledee


I was listening to The Westminster Hour and there heard I think a Lib-Dem lord complain about the media being very Tweedledum and Tweedledee in its political reporting. Fair point. His solution though? More reporting of the Lib-Dems, aka Tweedledoo. To be honest, I don’t see how this makes a blind bit of difference. The Lib-Dems are another bunch of men in grey suits who share the basic assumptions of the other capitalist parties and hence their policies. And as a party they are notoriously unprincipled to cite Newbury as just one example. Rumour has it that someone once said that “The Tories are bastards! but at least they are honest bastards!”.

Don’t get me wrong. I appreciate that there is a tribal dimension to politics. I have personal friends of all sorts of political persuasions (apart from the evil Nazi menace). And I am more than a little disillusioned with The People’s Party. That said, it is still needed and will do as a political home for now.

Don’t forget to VOTE GREEN on Thursday 5th of May

No comments:

Post a Comment



Star Posts

Graduation Day! - br/>


Bluebell

Scarletharlot69 - Twit!

Scarletharlot69 - Youtube Channel/>
Links


Wikipedia - the fount of all knowledge and wisdom

Blogroll